mardi 11 octobre 2011

Les souvenirs de : Will Hull-Brown (The Cat Empire)



what are you listening at the moment?
Booker T and the MGs and Focus (a Danish prog rock band from the 1970s)

for you, the best place to make music, to play music and to see live music?
I think the best place to make music can be absolutely anywhere!!! It’s all about timing – having a great idea or mucking around in souncheck. No fixed place for me.
In terms of playing music, i love outdoor festivals. There’s just so much good music and good food around, it’s hard not to enjoy yourself! Same goes for seeing live music – festivals.

your first musical memories?
Watching my Dad play his Mandolin in his group ‘Super Strings’. I s’pose i was about 6 yrs old.

your first concert/your first festival memories?
I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Melbourne when i was 14. I crowd surfed for half of they’re opening song ‘Warped’. It was the most exciting thing i’d ever done! The Edinburgh Festival in 2002 was my first big Festival experience with The Cat Empire. It was a crazy time – 15 shows in a row starting at 2am!!! That time was like living another life.

your australian inspiration?
Cold Chisel – they had a great sound and were amazing live!

what song reminds you of your home?
Any song by Cold Chisel, or ‘Land Down Under’ by Men At Work.

Aucun commentaire: